1. Improves mental well being through stress-relief. Have you ever felt so stressed that you wanted to curl up in a ball and never come out? I know I have.. Yoga has helped me immensely to relieve stress. This is because Yoga involves focusing on your breathing patterns and body movements, which calms the mind while relieving tension in the body. Practicing yoga frequently may help you to relieve stress not only during yoga, but in all aspects of your life.
2. May ease anxiety and depression. This is because yoga helps to relax your stress response system through deep breathing, relaxation, meditation and stretching. These activities will all ease your mind, thus helping you to get through your anxiety and depression. This has been proven through many studies on yoga, so I would highly suggest trying it out whether you are dealing with these problems or not!
3. May lessen chronic pain. Through the many stretches and relaxation techniques in yoga, it may help to lessen your chronic pain levels. Pains such as: lower back, arthritis, headaches and carpal tunnel may improve with the practice of yoga weekly.
4. Will help to maintain a balanced metabolism and speed up fat burning. Many yoga poses such as the "Twisted Chair pose" or the "Eagle Pose", use many muscles all at once in your body, which aides in increasing the fat burning process, while improving your metabolism. These two poses will also energize your body and aide in digestion.
5. Build muscle and increase flexibility. Regular use of yoga stretches and poses will give your body the ability to push itself further, while building muscle mass. Many poses involve some tricky movements, but after a few weeks of yogic stretching, you will feel your body become more and more flexible. Holding each pose for a minute or longer at a time really works your muscles and will help to strengthen them immensely.
Thank you for reading! Remember when practicing yoga, you need to be in a state of mindfulness in order to reach your full potential. Focus on your breathing and push negative thoughts away and you will love it!
Tip of the week:
Treat others how you want to be treated.
Quote of the week:
"I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not."