Every year we all hear people talking about their new year's resolutions and goals about how they are going to completely change their life, be a better person, lose 100 pounds, etc. I feel like we tend to shoot very high when it comes to goals for the upcoming year. I have never been one to do this because I have been afraid to set myself up for failure.
This year I want to set some goals for myself that are actually attainable and will not be impossible to succeed (as some people's goals tend to be). I think that goals are a great way to keep yourself working hard towards an end goal. You can also think of some type of reward for yourself when you reach certain goals. Such as taking a trip after you lose 10 pounds or something more simple like buying a new outfit.
Below I have shared a few of my goals/reminders to myself for the upcoming year. Hopefully they will give you some ideas or inspiration to start thinking about what you would like to accomplish in 2019!
1. Spend less time on my phone: This is more of a reminder but is still something I would like to accomplish.
2. Take more time for myself: Another reminder for this year to take more time to do things for myself that will help relieve stress and make me happy.
3. Save ___ Amount of money: I would like to save up a certain amount of money to begin the process of moving out. A tip that I have for this is to keep a jar in your room and whenever you have spare cash, put it in there. It doesn't seem like much but it adds up. This is how I have paid for the last 3 trips I have taken!
4. Go to the gym at least 3 times per week: This is not a goal that everyone needs but it is one that makes me feel confident and healthy, so it is important to me. With a busy schedule it can be very hard to find time to work out but it is all about sacrifice and how much you want a healthy mind and body. If I cannot go to the gym on a certain day I will try to incorporate a different healthy choice into my day.
5. Spend less money on coffee: This is something that I am sure other students out there can relate to. Attending school and then work makes for a long day, so I tend to buy coffee a lot. In 2019 I am going to try to keep this habit to a minimum.
These are all of the goals I am going to share but I hope it gave you some inspiration to think about some attainable goals for yourself! I would suggest writing the list and hanging it up somewhere you will see it daily. This way your goals are always on your mind and it will help you to work towards them day by day if you are constantly seeing them.
Thanks for reading! xx
Stop using plastic straws and switch to a reusable stainless steel one.